Friday, June 7, 2019

The State of Drones in Big Business

UAS is rapidly becoming a central part of our economy. Because of this, businesses of every size are seizing to opportunity to embrace UAS technology assuming that there is a need for it. To further your understand of UAS in the business arena, I encourage you to read a white paper put together by Skyward- a UAS consulting company related to Verizon.  To access a free version of its white paper, click on the image below.
http://go.skyward.io/rs/902-SIU-382/images/2018%20State%20of%20Drones.pdf
A key takeaway that I want to focus on in this white paper is the bar graph depicting the challenges companies have faced while using UAVs shown in Figure 1. As no surprise for me, nearly half of the companies surveyed have trouble staying up to date with UAV laws and regulations followed by ensuring the correct performance of procedural duties otherwise known as crew resource management. Thankfully, my education at Purdue University has not only taught me to excel at tackling the first two issues head on, but I am confident in my ability to provide solutions to the latter issues as well. In fact, most of the solutions are demonstrated throughout this blog so keep an eye out for more posts regarding these topics.
Figure 1: Challenges in UAS Among Medium and Large Scale Companies

No comments:

Post a Comment