Thursday, September 5, 2019

Capstone Assignment 3: Digging in Deeper Using Online Databases


Overview
Throughout this week, I was tasked with creating an annotated bibliography for my capstone project which involves creating and improving training content for Unmanned Aerial Systems. Per instructions of the capstone project professor, I first had to collect data by selecting online databases and write a paragraph critique of each database. Shown in Figure 1 are the names of five databases encased in color coded icons that you see in the google slides. When you click on the names of the databases, you will be directed to a paragraph description of each database along with annotated sources and critiques of each source. 
Figure 2: Online Databases and Source Archive

Figure 2 depicts the keyword search process as well as the color coded search engines to easily distinguish the progression of general to specific material that I was able to gather. Due to the fact that commercial UAS is relatively new, finding articles explaining how to create meaningful training material was difficult to explore despite using the 5 different search engines shown in Figure 1. Nevertheless, I was able to use a combination of Ted talks, Research articles, and journal entries to help enhance my understanding on how to improve my methods in creating online training content
Figure 2: Online Database Keyword Progression
Training Tutorial Video 3 Critique 
The following video was recorded before I gathered sources for the annotated bibliography. Compared to Bramor PPX Tutorial 2, the language fluctuated less, and there were more sub-videos within the main video. In addition, the language sounded more confident rather than boring. Furthermore, this video is twice as long as Bramor PPX Tutorial 1 and Tutorial 2 but is less than 6 minutes. Despite having a longer recording time, the overall time it took to edit the video took me less time than creating Tutorial 1 and Tutorial 2.

In future videos, I will likely  create objectives or introduce content by identifying key components of a system before shoeing a demonstration. Since most of the sources I have read in the annotated bibliography suggested taking data from participants, I will attempt to send out questions to audiences that watch my videos. Furthermore, I will include more effects by using Camtasia studio to edit my content. Click on the video below to access the Battery Tutorial of the C-Astral Bramor PPX.
Bramor PPX Battery Tutorial 

No comments:

Post a Comment