Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Where Are My Pants?

Below is a snapshot of a forested area taken from a Sony RX1 sensor. Without scrolling down to the answer, can you locate the pair of navy blue jeans in Figure 1? In today's experiment, I was tasked with filtering thousands of images such as the two below to help compare manual image selection to automated image selection through a scanning software called Loc8.
Figure 1: Can you Find the Jeans in This Image?

Although manually filtering through images was time consuming, and the jeans are difficult to see,  this proof of concept depicts that UAV software could be invented to quickly locate objects from pixel clusters. Or.... maybe software like this already exits? Nevertheless, I thought it was incredibly interesting  learning about UAS related search and rescue applications, and as much as I wish I was allowed to talk about it more, I will gladly refer you to Loc8's website for further exploration.  
Figure 2: Location of Jeans After Manual Search

No comments:

Post a Comment